News Desk: The prevalence of winter diseases is very high. Various problems including cold, cold, cough, itching, fever occur. Many also experience stomach problems.
By consuming seasonal vegetables or fruits in winter, it is possible to easily meet the needs of nutrients, especially vitamins and minerals, according to the body's needs. Winter vegetables and fruits also have more flavor and nutritional value than other times.
Nazia Afrin, Health and Nutrition Officer of Kingston Hospital, gave details about the food to stay disease free in winter.
In winter, cauliflower, cabbage, cabbage, red cabbage, spinach, radish, turnip, bean, tomato, onion leaf, gourd, broccoli, beans, carrot, coriander leaf, gourd etc. can be seen in the market. They are rich in potassium, beta-carotene, magnesium, iron, folic acid, antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. The role of winter vegetables is immense in the prevention of osteoporosis and the formation of blood cells or platelets in the body. These fruits and vegetables make up for the deficiency of Vitamin-C, A and E. It contains enough vitamin-E; It prevents obesity and reduces hair loss.
* Cauliflower and Cabbage: Cauliflower contains vitamins A, B, C, calcium, folic acid and water. Apart from this, there is sufficient amount of iron, phosphorus, potassium and sulphur. Cauliflower contains some ingredients, which can play a role in curing kidney stones and cancer. It has no fat content. Hence it is cholesterol free, which is very useful for growth and development of the body. Cabbage also contains vitamin-C and fiber. It does not match to keep the bones of the body strong and strong and to lose weight. It works well in preventing ulcers.
* Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in iron and calcium. It is a very delicious, tasty and nutritious vegetable. It helps in curing various eye diseases, night blindness, bone deformities and constipation.
* Carrots: Carrots are highly nutritious, tasty and fiber-rich winter vegetables, which are available almost throughout the year. This vegetable is eaten as curry or salad. It contains beta carotene which improves eyesight. Other ingredients prevent colon cancer, relieve constipation. Carotenoids present in carrots increase skin radiance. Removes skin dryness and sunburn.
* Olives: Olives are a beneficial winter fruit. It is rich in vitamin C, E, iron and unsaturated fats. As a result, it reduces obesity, increases beneficial fats in the body. Olive plays an effective role in relieving arthritis pain, asthma. Besides, this sour fruit contains vitamins A, C and E. These vitamins destroy pathogens in the body, reduce high blood pressure, reduce the tendency of fat accumulation in the blood and keep the blood flow of the heart good. It allows more purified blood from the heart to reach the brain, improving brain function. Olive skin contains fibrous material. This fiber removes constipation, increases skin radiance, plays a role in eliminating stomach cancer.
* Coriander: Coriander is now available throughout the year but is originally a winter vegetable. It can be eaten both directly as a salad and cooked. It contains a lot of vitamin-C, A, K and folic acid, which are essential for our skin. Coriander vitamins provide daily nourishment to our skin, prevent hair loss, prevent bone fragility and protect the soft tissues inside the mouth.
* Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in calories and contain a lot of vitamin-C, which plays a role in the formation of bones and teeth in the human body. Moreover, tomatoes are very effective in preventing scurvy and skin diseases caused by vitamin-C deficiency. Another ingredient present in it is lycopene, which acts as an anti-cancer agent. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, which act against nature's ultraviolet rays.
* Beans: Winter vegetables Beans are high in calories; There are 125 kcal per 100 grams. It is a great source of plant nutrients.
* Beans: Beans contain fat and fiber in addition to meat. Its fiber aids digestion and relieves constipation to a great extent. Lowers cholesterol levels in the blood, which greatly reduces the risk of heart disease and strengthens the stomach and spleen. Eliminates various problems in the body of girls including Leukemia, removes malnutrition in children.
* Spinach: Spinach contains a large amount of vitamin-C, iron and folic acid, which are essential for our body. It plays a role in preventing arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease and colon cancer in our body.
* Radish: Radish helps prevent various cancers, kidney and gall bladder stones. Beta-carotene contained in it eliminates the risk of heart disease. Helps to reduce body weight and relieve ulcers and indigestion.
* Gourd: Gourd contains a lot of water, which helps to maintain the body's water content. It helps to prevent dehydration due to diarrhea. Eating gourd keeps the skin moist. Urinary tract infection problems are eliminated. Kidney function increases. It is ideal vegetable for high blood pressure patients. Relieves insomnia and eliminates calcium and phosphorus, which is the body's salt deficiency caused by sweating. Strengthens teeth and bones. Strengthens hair roots and slows hair loss. Gourd prevents constipation, hemorrhoids, flatulence.
* Winter Seasonal Fruits: During the winter season, many varieties of plums, oranges, amlaki, apple, sapeda, pomegranate, guava etc. are available in the market. These fruits contain vitamin A, C and E, minerals, calcium, phosphorus, antioxidants and fiber. These seasonal fruits are not only delicious, the various vitamins and minerals contained in them help to strengthen teeth and gums as well as increase immunity. These fruits retain vitality, beauty and youth along with health. It is better to eat more sour fruits during winter to meet the deficiency of fiber in the body and supply vitamin C. However, the fruit must be washed or cleaned before eating.
* Water and liquid food: In winter, drinking plenty of pure water, liquid food, soup, hot pulses, mixed fruit juice will help the body feel comfortable.
Comment ( 0)