International Desk: The Russian Ministry of Defense has released a video of Vice-Admiral Viktor Sokolov, Commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet. In the video released on Tuesday, he was seen in a virtual conference.
Earlier on Monday, Ukrainian special forces claimed that at least 34 Russian officers, including Sokolov, were killed in a Ukrainian attack on the headquarters of the Russian fleet in Sevastopol, Crimea on Friday. Reuters news. Sokolov is seen in a video released by the Russian Defense Ministry. It was attended by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, top naval officers and commanders.
Sokolov was not seen speaking in the video. It was not confirmed when the video was recorded. But Russia's state news agency said the meeting took place on Tuesday. On Monday, Ukrainian special forces claimed in their telegram that 34 Russian military officers were killed in an attack on the headquarters of Russia's Black Sea fleet. The fleet commander is among the dead.
Another 105 people were injured in the attack. In response to the video released by Russia, the Ukrainian Special Forces Telegram said that since the Russians were forced to release the video of Sokolov's alleged survival on urgent grounds, our unit is verifying this information. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov did not comment on Ukraine's claims.
In the published video, Shoigu said that more than 17,000 Ukrainian soldiers were killed in September. More than 2,700 weapons were destroyed, including 7 US Bradley armored vehicles. Shoigu also said that the Ukrainian armed forces are suffering serious losses on the battlefield. The Ukrainian counteroffensive has so far been unsuccessful.
He said that the US and its allies are arming the Ukrainian army. Kiev is risking death by sending ill-trained troops into pointless attacks. Reuters could not independently verify battlefield casualties.