IT Desk: Good news for old iPhone users. Those using iPhone SE, iPhone XR and later generation phones will receive the software update. Apple has rolled out iOS 17 update for these phones. iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus users will not get the benefit of this software update.
Apple said that iPhones older than five years will not receive this update. Because this update requires an older version of iOS.
A few months ago, Apple announced the rollout of iOS 17 at the WWDC 2023 event in June. It was released for beta testers then but now iOS 17 has been released for all users.
iPhones that will support iOS 17
Apple's new iOS 17 operating system will support iPhones that have the A12 Bionic chip or a later version. This means, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models will not get this update. Instead, the iOS 17 update will be rolled out for iPhone SE, iPhone XR and newer models. iPhones older than five years will not receive this update. That's because this update requires an older version of iOS.
How to update iOS 17 on iPhone
Before updating you need to backup your iPhone first. If there is a problem during the update, your important photos or videos may disappear. For that you need to backup from iPhone to iCloud or to a computer using iTunes or Finder.
1. First connect your iPhone to a WiFi network.
2. Go to the Settings option, from there tap on General and then on Software Update.
3. If you see iOS 17, tap Download and install it.
4. Enter your passcode.
5. Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
6. The update will first download and then start installing. The process may take some time.
7. Your iPhone will restart once the update is installed.
What's New in iOS 17 Version
1. There will be many changes in the way we communicate, especially during phone calls. A feature called Contact Posters is coming, which will show you images or Mimojis, fonts. This poster will appear when you talk to someone on the phone.
2. Live Voice Mail will show you a transcript of any voice mail message. It will be shown to you on real-time basis. The End Call button has changed slightly. Messaging just got better than ever. A new way to access the iMessage app has also been opened. More importantly, its autocorrect feature will reduce any typos in your text.