News Desk: Many are frustrated by fake news and hateful comments and want to get out of various social media platforms. One of these is the Twitter account. But many do not know how to deactivate Twitter. So let's learn how to deactivate an account-
1. Open Twitter in the browser. Log in to your account later.
2. Go to the homepage, click the three-dot ‘More’ button at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Then select the 'Settings and privacy' option.
4. Click on 'Your account'.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the ‘Deactivate your account’ option.
. Then you need to confirm your account deactivation by clicking on 'Deactivate'.
. Twitter will then ask you to confirm the deactivation once again after which the account will be permanently deactivated.
What to do to deactivate the account through Twitter app-
1. Open the Twitter application and make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Then tap on your profile and select 'Settings and privacy'.
3. Click on 'Account'.
4. Select 'Dectivate your account'.
However, this process will not permanently delete your Twitter account. If the user reactivates the account within 30 days of deactivating it, Twitter will allow it. But if the account is not activated once in 30 days, the authorities will delete it permanently.